Sunday 30 March 2014

March Beauty Favourites

Okay so it's not quite the end of March yet but I figured it was close enough to publish this! So it's time for my March beauty favourites!! (Beware it's going to be a long-un!)



Up first are the real techniques brushes from Pixie Woo. I don't know why it took me so long to buy these it must have been madness because they are brilliant!! Sorry if they look so grotty its because I use them every day and Monday tends to be my brush cleaning day so yeah sorry, maybe I should have done this tomorrow. Anyhoo I cannot praise these brushes enough. They are super soft, they blend my make-up so beautifully and doesn't leave my skin peppered with brush hairs! I tend to use the pointed foundation brush for popping my foundation on my skin as I find it doesn't waste product and then I like to blend it in using the buffing brush - this gives a really nice finish and I swear makes my make up last longer! I got my kit for about £15 from Amazon on sale, Boots and Superdrug do sell them but I would recommend looking online for some great deals. 



On to nails! So this month I have been loving the Urban decay colours, I got a small set for christmas and have discovered that they are really lovely colours that dry surprisingly quick and last really well. This week I've been wearing Fame (left) and Super Freak (right). Check out my instagram for a better picture! 



This month I decided to try a new foundation and after seeing this on Helen Melonlady's Daily Makeup Routine Youtube video (do check her out she's amazing) and  it looked like something that would suite my skin. I usually use Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the colour 51 Light Vanilla but I have found it to sometimes feel that bit too sticky or heavy and in some light it looks too yellow on me and I feel very self-conscious. But L'Oréal True Match: The Minerals is definitely a new favourite. I have in the colour D1 W1 which is perfect for my current tone and type. I love the matte finish and on my combination to oily skin I love it. I do think however that for drier skin types it does seem like it may become cakey and patchy over the day. The fact that it's a mineral foundation is great as I've been super stressed with uni work and spots have been appearing left right and centre and this doesn't irritate or block my pores. Feels very odd using a power foundation and although the brush isn't as soft as I would like for £14 I would definitely recommend! But beware it can go everywhere if you are as clumsy as me!! 



Following the appearance of sunshine in what has been a very wet English winter means it's finally time to start lightening the lip colours! It feels odd to be wearing such light colours as I am so used to  my dark reds or purples but more pinky and corally colours is something I am desperate to brave this summer. For now I have two favourites, both from Topshop, and they are Mink (left) and Innocent (right).  Mink is a mocha coloured lipstick for those days in which I'm not quite feeling brave enough to embrace the brighter colours and for me it's a great your-lips-but-better colour and I would happily wear this everyday! Innocent is perhaps my most daring lipstick shade yet as on me it comes out a lovely pale pink and I can't wait to wear it more! If you haven't tried topshop lipsticks yet I would highly recommend as they are super nourishing for your lips with a lovely velvet finish plus these things last forever! Also for £8 each you can't really go wrong!



This month I tried my first soap and glory product and in a desperate attempt to improve my brow situation I bought Archery as recommended by friend and also beauty blogger Jessie Beaug. And my goodness does it work. The fine felt-tip type liner is perfect for filing in the sparse areas of my brow and the pencil really helps give a great overall shape. I finally have half-way to decent brows (I still think they need shaping and threading but we'll come to that later) which don't look too fake! At £10 from boots I will admit that it did at first seem pricy but with Buy-One-Get-One-Half-Price and the fact that it's an amazing product; well I couldn't be happier. 



Next is the literal saviour of my face this winter. And, due to naughty me being lax last month, I have been using this religiously throughout March. The hype is true, I repeat the hype is true. I was suffering with very dry and dehydrated skin as I tended not to drink enough, or at least not enough of the right things! And I was starting to find that my makeup wasn't lasting on my face and I had horrible dry patches that I couldn't shake until in a beam of golden light this came into my shopping basket courtesy of a Boots sale and I have never looked back. My skin has never been so hydrated. I use this twice a day under my Simple moisturiser in light and all my problems have been solved. Anyone with skin should buy this and cherish it. In fact I'm not going to tell the price (don't worry it's under £20) because it is so so worth every penny. 



Okay so I've only had this a few days so maybe it's not a favourite of the month but this MUA palette in Matte is a-maz-ing. I have spent literally months trying to find a matte eyeshadow palette that was a normal amount of money and finally for all of £3 I found it. Okay so they don't last all day but they are such nice colours and I am experiencing too much joy right now to say anything too bad about this. Also £3. wow. 



Almost there the penultimate (ooh fancy) product is a beautiful contour palette from sleek. Everything about this is so so pretty. This in light is the perfect shade of bronzer for me and, as a bit of blush-virgin, the blush is very flattering and subtle. And the highlighter...well it's glittery and slightly pink and it is like in contains actual bits of stardust so altogether this makes me very happy.  This was £9.99 but I know that you can get another palette with just the bronzer and the highlighter so only £6.49 from Superdrug. 




And finally we end with something that smells delicious! This is a small hand-bag sized perfume from River Island in the scent Paris. For only £4 plus the novel fact that it is a roll on (well I was excited anyway) it's practicality and price alone has put it in my monthly favourites. This has subtle Amber and vanilla tones and the smell lasts really well on, meaning you smell trés chic all day!


So there you have it folks my March favourites! Feel free to comment below any questions/opinions about any of these products or if you have any recommendations of other products you think I might like. I would love to hear from you!

Muchos love 
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!