Friday 25 April 2014

My Lipstick Collection


I have a serious weakness for lipsticks at the moment so here's a whole post dedicated to my collection! So what would I recommend?




Topshop is one of my favourite high street brands, even if I can't afford the majority of what is in there! But the make up is something that I can and something I adore. Their lipsticks are uh-maz-ing. There is such a range of colours, they are super pigmented, surprisingly moisturising and they last really well. I have the shades (left to right) Innocent, Nevada, Mink, Inhibition and Called Up. For only £8 a pop, also with the opportunity for student discount, I would highly recommend. 


But I am getting braver and expanding my comfort zone to include other brands. One of my current favourites are Rimmel's Moisture Renew range. These babies are so moisturising and for my dry lips they are going down a treat. I never thought I would like shimmery lipsticks, due to bad past experiences, but these have just the right about of shine to make you lips look radiant yet natural. I have one in the shade Latino which is a a light pink (sorry the picture doesn't do it justice damn rainy days) and I am about to head out to buy more!


I thought I also better explain why there is a green lipstick in my collection. It doesn't come out green as you can see from the right swatch it's a deep pink. It's from Barry M called 'Touch of Magic 032" and the only word I can think to sum it up is: interesting. Basically it's green because the formula, when applied, is meant to match the pH of your lips and form your perfect colour. I am not quite convinced by this, I am yet to find anyone else that has used it, but it is a good idea none the less. This would not be one of my staple lipsticks, if anything it's amazing staying power (the left swatch is me desperately trying to remove it) mean that it is rather drying which I don't like at the moment. But we shall preserve as I am determined to see if I can get it to change to different colours!

Another brand which I feel needs a mention but for some reason I didn't photograph separately is MUA (they are the ones pictured with the silver tops) There lipsticks are pretty good, not the best, but they do the trick even though you may need to keep reapplying. But what I love them for is the price. They are only £1 in Superdrug and I use them to test if shades suit me before I invest in more pricier products. They are also perfect if you want a colour for a one of event, say Halloween, especially as they come in so many colours.

So that's all of my collection for the moment, I'm sure I will have to update this very soon! Let me know what your favourite lipsticks and shades are and if you have any recommendations!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!