Friday 9 May 2014

My Skin Care Routine

My skin has vastly improved over the last few months and it's all down to a combination of these. Now I wouldn't say my skin is perfect, but it really is a whole lot better than it was! And I think that these products make a great skin care routine on a budget! 



Product number one is the Simple Hydrating Moisturiser. This stuff is perfect for combination skin, I struggled for ages to find a moisturiser that didn't make my skin more greasy or just stick to my dry patches. It's really soothing, perfume free and although it takes a while to work in its silky texture is very welcomed on my morning and evening skin. I would really recommend to anyone trying to establish a constant skincare routine and that has combination skin. 


I have recently re-discovered my Benefit It's Potent Eye Brightening Cream. If I'm honest I don't notice a whole lot of difference when using this product, I don't tend to get dry skin around my eyes (if anything my eyes can be annoyingly greasy) but it does seem to reduce my dark circles with it's light pigmentation. Eye Cream is something I definitely need to take greater time in choosing as this was actually a product in a gift set. 

Nivea Refreshing Toner is the first toner I have ever invested in (confession time: it was because it was on offer) and I do really like it. It helps remove the last few traces of makeup and makes my skin feel firmer and fresh after use. It also lasts really well. 


Hydraluron is something I will rave about to anyone that will listen. It's by far the one skin care product that I have really invested in and it was a decision well made! This serum honestly does boost the moisture levels in my skin and I do believe that it makes my skin retain "1000 times its weight in water". As someone that doesn't drink enough water, and sometimes too much alcohol, this is a lifesaver and makes my skin look extremely healthy. If you have skin I would recommend.


Okay so it's not skin but hey your lips are on your face so I figured I could include this. This is the christmas cola edition of the Lush's Lip Scrub. This stuff tastes incredible and has really helped keep my lips smooth over the winter months, ready for the sunshine! They are currently doing a bubblegum one which sounds delicious! 


To compliment Nivea's Refreshing Toner I have also been using their Cleansing Lotion (I can't find my edition but I'm pretty sure it's been replaced/redesigned with this one). I have really liked using this and I would use this to take off my makeup over wipes any day! I have noticed it does seem to have also helped limit my breakouts too with regular use. But now I feel my skin has got a bit too used to this and it's time for a change so I'm on the look out for a new cleanser, preferably one that is less lotion-like. 


Finally to complete the Nivea trio is my eye-makeup remover. I don't actually like this, I find it's way too greasy and it requires me to almost scrub my eyes to remove make-up. Not exactly what it advertises on the bottle! As you can see I have tried to persevere with it but I really need a replacement as soon as possible!


And last but certainly not least is this little gem. This is Soap and Glory's Face Mini Massage Mitt. I really enjoy using this to buff my cleanser into my skin and I can see notable differences. It's the perfect exfoliator for my skin; my fetish with harsh exfoliating face washes is a thing of the past! This is probably the product that has transformed my skincare routine the most. 

So that's it for now. I'm hoping to update this post when I change my routine but currently this is what works for me. I would love to be able to invest in pricier products as I do believe that when it comes to skincare you really do get what you pay for but alas living on a student a budget means I can only afford and justify so much! 

Please let me know if you have any recommendations, no matter the price! What are your skincare secrets? 

Muchos love xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!