Sunday 4 May 2014

Quest for: Better Hair


I'm on a mission to improve and protect my curls and help any other curl-friends out there that need assistance taming their locks!


I have always had very curly hair and over the last year I have been slowly making it shorter and shorter which means it is now well and truly a big mess of curls. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my curls. My hair has volume and shape which compliments my round face shape, not to mention that I'm easily distinguishable in a crowd! But it does come with its down sides.  It is very difficult to style, I have one look and that's it - especially now that it's too short for a pony-tail! The moment any frizz pops up in humidity or I come down with a serious case of bed-hair, or oops I left too much product in my hair; that's it back in the shower. Back to square one. I can't brush it (ew hello bushy triangle) and I can't work dry shampoo into my roots without causing my arch-nemisis frizz to appear. I do very occasionally straighten my hair but my curls can be very vulnerable to strong heat and the moment clouds appear in the sky, my whole half an hour straightening session becomes a waste. My hair can be a real pain. 

But I am getting better at managing it. My current routine is to use Frizz-Ease's Shampoo and Conditioner, gently scrunch some Nspa Treatment Elixir through my hair (I've just run out and I thew out the bottle before I could photograph it, well done Emily) and then I tip my head upside down and blow dry using a diffuser on a light heat.

And it really works. The Frizz-Ease products feel as if they really nourish my hair, they add a great shine and, as they say on the bottle, they really do ease frizz. My hair looks great for two days after washing, even when I wiggle in my sleep! I used to use Tresemme products and I just found that they were way too heavy for my hair and left it feeling heavy and greasy very quickly. I never got the bouncy curls that I get now. However I would have to say that I still don't think Frizz-Ease is perfect for my hair. 

And I know I shouldn't really blow-dry my hair but it is the only way in which I have some control over how it looks. If I leave it fry naturally the top of my head goes frizzy whilst the under-layers take longer to dry and don't curl properly. It's better for all if I speed things up with a little heat. 

I have also been using Frizz-Ease's Secret Agent Touch up creme to tame any bits of frizz or to kill some unwanted volume. This stuff I would highly recommend. It's brilliant; not too heavy, lasts ages and smells amazing! 

And so that, for now, is it on my hair care. I would really appreciate some recommendations though as my hair is something I do love about myself, and I would like it to reach it's full potential! What are your hair positives and peeves? 

Stay tuned for my hair-volution post (uh oh embarrassing old hair styles) and my recommendation of Co-Washing. 

Muchos love xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!